Aug 11, 2010

He is a Bastard.

Tonight, at 8:25, the phone rings..
It's CD..
I answer, "Hello"
He said "Hey, Just Me. It's CD. In need DD's SSN. If you need to, you can text it to me."
I reply, "No, I have it right here."
He, "Okay"
I dig it out of the pile of her papers and recite it to him.
He, 'Thanks, bye." *click*

No mention of DD.
No asking how she is..
Where she is..
Nothing..

And it grates on me..

So, I call him back..
He answers and I said hello and since I knew I could catch him on the phone now, I thought I'd get his email address..
He said he hadn't set it up yet (classic CD, guess he's waiting on someone else to do it for him) but it was XXXX@XXXX.XXX.
I said thanks..
He said okay, bye... *click*

And he still doesn't ask one thing about DD....

If there are any positive waves out there, I pray that they will infuse the Tuesday interviewer with great feelings about me .. I keep saying to myself that this is merely a practice interview.. Not to get my hopes up.. That it's not going to pan out..
But, boy it would be nice if it did..

It has got to be easier on DD to be hundreds of miles away from him.. I so worry we're going to run into him somewhere in this small burg.. And what do I say when he ignores us? How do you tell a kid that the person who was supposed to be their dad is so fucking hateful and selfish that he won't even acknowledge her existence?

Damn.
And it was shaping up to be such a relaxing night here, too..

3 comments:

Hubman said...

CD confirms his asshole-ness again...

Another Suburban Mom said...

He is an asshole, but hopefully all the negative energy in the universe will go to him and only positive energy will be around you.

Just me... said...

Thanks, both of you.. Onwards and upwards!! Back home tomorrow!! Thanks, again!! :):)