Aug 24, 2010

In Three Weeks...

Three weeks from today, if I'm lucky, the judge will sign the final decree and it'll be mostly over..
Oh, I'll still have to explain to DD why she doesn't see him.. But, she's taken to telling people that he's disappeared.. That we don't know where he lives or what his phone number is or anything..
Wonder if that's just her way of dealing with it... Who knows.. And I don't have the heart to correct her.. Let her think he fell off the face of the Earth..
Oh, and I promised to 'sponsor' a horse at the local (back home) animal rescue.. They do trail rides with the horses and she (not being scared of on anything on 4 legs) has decided that we either sponsor one or buy one.. I couldn't write THAT sponsorship check fast enough!! :):)
What the hell... It gets her priority rides on Fireball!! Yes, she rides a horse named Fireball.. He's a frisky one, too!! She loves this horse.. And she doesn't talk about the horse CD's father's horses anymore.. GCD once told her that one of them was hers.. Then would only let her sit on it, never even ride with a lead.. And this after she had already been riding other horses without leads.. The last time we were there (2.5yrs?), he finally let me lead that damn pony around the yard.. And I had to almost tick him off to do it.. Hindsight...
Had a lovely dinner with the Agnostic one night.. A great lunch on another.. I hate that we're as close as we are.. We know each other's next thought.. We're as stupid as finishing each other's sentences.. Oh, this is going to hurt when it ends...
Other fun times, I've pulled a groin muscle.. Or, rather, re-pulled it.. Getting into a car.. How sad is that? I was in a hurry, jumped in and was pulling my leg in quick, caught my foot between the door and the frame (lovely bruise on top of my foot too!!).. Apparently, I was jerking that leg in with a little too much vigor.. Now, anytime I try to pull my right leg inward or my knee up, a stabbing pain is felt.. Rest is on my agenda for a while...
The interview seemed to go very well.. The 'boss' and I talked for about 30 minutes before it started.. About everything.. He and I are near in age and share a certain commonality, including a school trip to my hometown to visit a state park.. Then his 'boss' arrived and the interview was on..
Questions asked, answered, notes taken.. They seemed happy.. One question in particular stands out.. It was rather a long question and when he finished reading it, I answered it with one word.. He looked up and smiled so I added that I could expand on my answer if he liked.. He grinned and said no.. That was the exact answer he was looking for when he wrote the question.. Then his boss piped up, laughed a little and said that she was certain that he'd have to explain that particular question further to get the answer he wanted.. Dare to hope?
I know this..
I was one of 500 applicants..
I was one of seven to be given an interview..
Now, 'tis merely to wait..
I want to think positive thoughts, I really do..
But...
I sooo don't want to get my hopes up..

As with it all, only time will tell......

2 comments:

Another Suburban Mom said...

I think that DD's way of dealing is fine, and I wish you the best of luck with the job search.

Just me... said...

ASM - Thanks!! :):)