Nov 17, 2010

Well, Damn...

After returning from my last work travel, I decided to branch out, applying for positions that were not related to my current field of employment.. In the past, I've been an auditor, employment counselor, social worker and teacher.. Hated, hated, hated auditing.. Teaching was great, loved the kids.. The system/parents could be, um, trying.. Employment counseling and social work was, as DD says, not my favorite.. But, my current position is in an area that is seriously depressed.. In the sense, as long as the roof is watertight and the HVAC is running okay, status quo is the norm..

So, I applied for two positions.. Counselor at (what I found out after applying) a maximum security prison and the county coordinator for a prenatal/newborn health care program..

Yesterday, I got called for an interview for the county coord position.. Set one up for next week.. Crossing fingers..

Today, the prison called.. Politely declined their request.. Found out after I applied that it was a prison.. A maximum security prison.. Like for the worst of the worst. If you killed someone and ate them, you'd be there.. And they wanted me to work inside as a counselor.. Yeah, right..

Well, you gotta do what you gotta do to be where you need to be..
Wish me luck!! :):)

3 comments:

Another Suburban Mom said...

Yikes! Was this a women's prison or a men's prison.

Just me... said...

ASM - Men's. Double Yikes!! :):)

Sam said...

I'm watching too much of The Walking Dead because the killing & eating comment made me snort. And think of zombies. Mmmmm...tasty.