Jul 31, 2010

Miscellany

This week at work zoomed by.. Got approvals on everything I wanted including office layout changes and design changes..
The Agnostic has discovered the telephone and has been calling too much.. Seriously. too. much. I had to take a nap today and I never nap..
Missing my baby and counting the days until I see her... The more she's there, the more she calls me.. I think she's beginning to miss me too.. Called this morning crying that she wasn't having a good morning.. Very quietly she told me she was trying to be happy but was sad.. Then she said it.. She's missing her dad.. Why now, I don't know.. She's probably just out of her element and that's the thing she can pin her unease on.. So, rather than cry because she's off a schedule (like WAY off, 'nother post) and tired and bored and away from home too long, she finds something to cry about.. And that's her father..
I know she misses having a 'guy' presence in her life.. Was hoping brother could fill that void a bit while she's there. Luckily, mother has him babysitting this afternoon and tonight.. Also, she told him to take her shopping for school clothes.. So, they were off to shop! I am scared to think what she's bringing home.. He's indulgent and she wants wild clothes.. Told me she wanted 'sexy' clothes.. Brother was laughing loud, but I asked and she said she wanted clothes like the clothes where her coat came from.. Justice.. So, I told him where it was and off they went.. I'm almost scared to call and see how it's going...
CD's lawyer has requested financial information.. Last years W-2, most recent pay statement, retirement statement, checking/savings info.. The letter said 'My client did not keep himself informed regarding the parties assets during the marriage." No shit... One of many things he did wrong..
So, I guess having my lawyer send the same kind of letter would be de rigueur.. Funny thing is that I still have CD's passwords so I know his info.. Wondering... Do I request the info or do I not? I have his W-2.. Don't really care about the current pay.. I know he has a checking.. Don't really care what's in there.. But, if I don't request it, will it put me in a position of weakness? Will ask brother.. And if I should, will get brother to call my lawyer.. Lawyers LOVE talking to one another!!! :):)
Oh, and since I knew I was filing and he happened to do so a couple of days prior, everything looks wonderful!! The market was even down that day so my retirement looked like hell!! It's a little better.. Sadly, not much..
Have been a little out of sorts today.. Logically, I recognize two facts about my life..
First, divorce is the only option. You cannot change someone who chooses to be an idiot.. Mourning a marriage, even if it was a bad one, isn't abnormal, is it? It's not like I wanted a divorce, no one ever goes into a marriage wanting a divorce. And it is the only resolution to the problem. But, I'm feeling sad that it has to happen.. Sad that DD is getting the short end of the stick..
Second, the Agnostic is very enamoured with me.. But, his life is not sorted out, may never be sorted out and he isn't someone I can count on for anything more than a little moral support.. And the time is coming where I'm going to want more. I can see it.. And I know he's not in a position to give more.. So... In time, he's going to be part of my past..
These two things have weighed on my mind today.. So, I've napped, cleaned, etc..
Hoping tomorrow will be happier..

2 comments:

Sam said...

It sounds like he was there to help you make the transition, but that doesn't mean you have to keep him. People come into our lives for a variety of reasons and it is okay to let them go, too.

Just me... said...

Sam - Guess I'm just not looking forward to the day I have to let him go.. Oh, well.. Thanks! :)