This past week has been busy, busy, busy.. Putting together an office layout/renovation. Got the office AutoCAD drawing done.. Spent a couple of days at the jobsite.. Got to fly on a private jet, there and back.. Of course, I behaved as if it was no big deal.. Like I had done it a million times.. But that was freaking awesome!! No schlepping more than an hour to get to a decent-sized airport.. No dragging through a terminal and standing in line at security.. Get to the local airport, ten minutes later you're on the runway, engines rev'ing for take off!! Fly an hour and 15 minutes to another local airport, drive 15-20 minutes and you are onsite at a facility four states away!! This is the way to travel!!! Flying commercial, one way, would have taken almost three hours of driving time, two hour long flights and a layover of who knows how long!! Always avoided flying on the private jets because they are small.. But the benefits very much outweigh the size!!
Anyway, still have a finish schedule to complete before the 'go' meeting on Monday..
Monday..
Have to meet the attorney at 7:45 for the 8am settlement conference at the courthouse.. Don't know what to expect.. Don't know if CD'll be there.. Don't know what kind of BS he's told his lawyer.. My Florida best friend (whilst discussing the 'parenting time' issue) said that I should know that CD wouldn't have the guts to tell his attorney that he didn't want anything to do with his kid.. And probably hasn't told the attorney that he hasn't called, seen, sent a Christmas present or birthday card to her since the separation.. And she's probably right.. CD is not the most upfront person. If he doesn't want to do something, he'll just pretend it doesn't exist.. Or that's the appearance he gives.. So, I'm hoping rather than have him start talking about 'every other weekend and two weeks in the summer' he'll go along with my lawyers suggestion that we'll 'work that out between ourselves' and have nothing in the decree about visitation.. Which means, he doesn't have to say he doesn't want to see her, I don't have to dig my heels in about his behavior around her. Or bring up the fact that a convicted child molester lives next door to his apartment.. Maybe this will be more about money and nothing else...
One funny thing this weekend, Friday night specifically.. I've been helping Confidante declutter.. She is a pack rat.. Not like a hoarder, but she has a hard time throwing out something she might 'need' later.. She's a scrapbooker, card-maker, seamstress, painter, gardener.. Thank God she can't cook worth a damn or else I just couldn't stand her.. :):) But she must have enough fabric to clothe the entire county.. I know she has enough paper to cover several acres.. Not to mention rubber stamps, paper punches, alcohol inks, every kind of paint you can imagine, pens, pencils, scissors, etc..
The chick has a ton of this stuff!! And she wants to rearrange her basement..
To further describe what I walked into, she also has a husband who won't let anything go that might be 'some good'... I can understand wanting to keep things that are in good shape and perhaps need a small repair.. But a crappy, dirty recliner that is broken and needs to be WELDED to repair!?!? Dumpster-bound in my opinion... And her two kids each have a 'pile' in this basement.. Boxes and boxes of stuff they saved in their rooms.. One is engaged, owns his own house and he hasn't taken the crap (balls, hats, toys, guns, etc.)? The other is a college student who can't seem to get his shit together (run-ins with the law, flunked everything this last semester) and when he came back from college, he dropped everything in the middle of the basement and there. it. sits.... I have to admit I gave him some grief about that.. And told him, he should thank his lucky stars I wasn't his mother!! He was fortunate that his mama is laid back.. What I wanted to say was "Please!! All F's for a semester in college? You'd have your ass pulling shifts at MickeyD's to pay rent on your tiny apartment!! You would not be laying up at my house, not working, and basically lazing your summer away!!!" But, if he were mine, it would not have gotten this far.. I gotta say, I try to live by something Barney Fife said years ago.. Nip it, nip it, nip it in the bud!! It's too difficult to make them become responsible people at 20 when you don't hold them responsible at 10. Or at 4..
Tangent!! Sorry.. Anyway, in pushing a 6' tall china cabinet about 40 feet, I pulled a muscle.. It started hurting about two seconds after doing it, and hasn't really abated yet.. However, eleven Ibuprofen tablets later and I can walk without that lovely wince/limp with each step!! Spending the rest of this weekend resting it in hopes that it will be better by Monday.. Worst part, it is the largest muscle in your body.. And a little larger on my Celtic ass than most others!! :):):)
One last thing.. I got a call yesterday.. I have an interview on the 17th.. Back home.. Position sounds very good on paper.. And they didn't balk at my salary range.. Probably because the job is more of a bitch than I know.. :):) Trying not to get my hopes up.. Oh, but it would be nice..
Hope everyone has a great rest-of-the-weekend!!! :):)
No comments:
Post a Comment