Jul 25, 2010

Another day, another drama..

First, DD is fine.. The med that was causing all the problems has been eliminated from her system. Fever is down but will need to be managed until antibiotic kicks in and internal ear infection clears. Drops are handling the Swimmer's ear.. She was her old self on the phone this morning, filling me in on every aspect of being in the ER. Well, those she remembers after the fever dropped from its height of 104.4 (found that out this morning, mom didn't think it important to tell me last night)..
It may be in my mind, but it feels like my life in the last few weeks has been one minor or major drama after the other.. Much travel, much work, having a 'break' with DD being at mom's but enduring the initial 'I wanna come home' phone calls to the most recent illness/idiot doctor/midnight ER visit, filing for divorce, then finding out he filed just before me.
Tomorrow is the settlement meeting at the courthouse.. Have to meet attorney at 7:45.. Very, very apprehensive about this.. It's the unknown.. The unknown scares me more than anything else..
While the Agnostic is still hovering in the background, he's beginning to irritate me.. It's not just one thing.. I mean, we talk a lot, he texts all the freaking time.. But, feeling less inclined to be supportive of him and his issues.. It's not that I don't care for him. And it's not like he doesn't offer support in return.. I just don't know if I care for him enough to be this distant emotional crutch. That and I'm losing respect for him via the way he lets his child treat him. I understand there are many different parenting styles.. Some are strict and some are more laid back.. But, disrespect is never allowed.. And she runs over him at every turn.. Just the things I've heard her say to him while he and I were on the phone.. As recently as Friday, she walked into his office while we were talking and said 'get off the phone, i need to go to xxxx's house.' This was about 3pm. Granted he was just talking to me, but he could have been working or on a conference call.. The worse part, to me he said, 'let me call you back'.. The words, 'don't bother' were on the tip of my tongue..
Yeah.. I'm beginning to no longer have time for that.. Too many things on my plate to help support someone else's right now..
Now, finish schedule and nap.. I'm absolutely beat.. :):)

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Glad to hear it all turned out well! What a stressful night for you!

And the unknown...well, i hate it too, so I'm with you on your apprehension feeling. I feel that way too about things....but, I will admit....it IS never as bad as I've made it in my head. May tomorrow go very well for you!

hugs!
~Emmy

Just me... said...

Emmy - You are so very right!! It is usually never as bad as you think it's going to be!! Today was proof!! Thanks!! :):)