Aug 29, 2010

This Weekend..

I realize that I've worked my ass off this weekend.. I've gone through closets.. I've filled bags with clothes for the Salvation Army, shoes for Haiti (Heidi, as DD says).. I've stripped beds, cleaned under them, dusted every nook and cranny of this house.. Mopped, vaccumed, swept.. Washed all the clothes, hung, ironed and folded everything.. Cleaned everything in the kitchen except the fridge.. Although, I did empty it of everything out of date/unnecessary when I took the trash off on Saturday...
I'm not sure why I'm cleaning like a fiend.. Perhaps it's the ritual cleansing that one does when preparing for a change, if I get that damn job.. Or it'll soften the blow when I don't.. At least I'll like my place.. :-)
On other news, DD is doing well with school thus far.. I know, it's only been a little more than a week.. But it's important that she have a good start.. Let's be honest, last school year didn't start off well for her (and us).. This year will be better.. If I have to move Heaven and Earth..
Here I sit.. A very tidy house, a glass of wine, a sparkling clean shower awaiting me..
So, to enjoy it while it lasts!! :):)

No comments: