Tonight was the beginning of the year 'Open House' at DD's school... Of course, they had to have a PTA meeting at the start with everyone crowded into the gym.. Yippee.. Well, after 30 minutes of that we were released to go to the classrooms.. Went into room and found out that the teacher was going to be out for two more weeks.. DD started school with a sub.. She seems like a good teacher.. She's young.. But, we all were once.. :)
After addressing us re: classroom rules, etc, we were invited to look around the room.. DD's desk was in much better shape than it used to be.. Believe me, it does not take her that long to wreck a desk or a room or a house.. She has seemed more organized.. She has seemed more interested in the school work.. More diligent.. So, I introduced myself to the teacher, telling her that I hoped she was having a good experience with the class. She assured me she was and asked how I think D was doing.. I told her that she seemed to be more diligent and was much more interested this year than last.. She said that she was doing well in class.. I joked that she tended to be a little more 'social' than I'd like.. The teacher said that she was behaving very appropriately in class. She participates and when it's time to do your work at your desk, she does..
I know that I worry too much.. And it sometimes gets me into trouble.. But I've decided to relax a little now.. Not with regards to the work we're doing.. Checking her homework will still be the same.. But I think I can relax a little internally.. Not fret so much about her..
I'm going to try.. :):)
2 comments:
Just relax. I think you have some good teachers and DD will do fine.
ASM - Thanks.. Going into this year, I was more than apprehensive. Learning that it's okay now.. :):)
Post a Comment