It's been a bitch of a week.. The visitation was so sad, you just can't imagine.. I was very proud that I was able to tell them that they were in my prayers without losing it.. There was no way I was going to the funeral.. I heard that it was awful.. Wouldn't expect anything less..
The weekend looks to be a long one as well..
Tomorrow, first thing I do is go to work for an hour or so at 8am.. Then, I attend a divorced parents class.. Officially, both parties have to take it before the divorce is granted in my state. I don't imagine that CD has taken it.. But my lawyer thinks that his abandonment (his word), his agreement that I have sole custody and no contact over the last year will persuade the judge to sign even if neither of us have taken it.. But, on the off chance that the judge wants to be a hard ass about it, I'm taking the class tomorrow.. Ugh.. Four hours of listening to someone tell me not to be negative about the ex.. Hey, I have never been negative.. I don't have to be.. He was negative enough without my help.. And she remembers it.. Anyway, DD is going to stay with Confidante so she should have a ball.. Then, tomorrow night, a little friend spends the night..
On Sunday, DD wants a kid to go with her to our company picnic at a local amusement/waterpark.. We have three tickets so I told her to ask someone.. Her BFF has to go to her dad's for the weekend.. Ditto one other kid.. Three have their first soccer games on Sunday.. A couple of others were already going with their parents/siblings.. So, she called the last kid on the list.. The one with the mom who puts her up to calling to 'spend the night' when they need a babysitter.. First, the kid can't go.. DD is crestfallen.. At the very end of the friend list and she's struck out all the way around.. Then the kid calls back. She can go but she has to spend Saturday night here.. Well, hell.. Why the fuck not? It's not like this is the first time I've been a free babysitter.. But, at least there's someone who'll crawl through all the waterslides and stuff with her, right?.. :)
Then, on Monday, I call the lawyer to make sure the papers made it to the judge..
And it starts all over again..
I need a nap.. :)
5 comments:
Here's to everything getting easier from now on. It's worth a shot to say it, right? :)
13 - Definitely worth a shot!! Thanks!! :):)
I thought my week was long - but you definitely get that award. What a hard thing you did attending the visitation.
Hope you have a better week!
~Emmy
Its a new week and maybe things will be better.
I can't believe the divorce hoops they make you jump through in that state. Not saying you should be able to go through a drive-thru and get a divorce but ... dayum.
And the news wonders why there are fewer marriages.
Post a Comment