Jan 17, 2011

Today is the First Day...

Today is the day I started the new year..
Since it's the first, I've made four resolutions..
Actually, I made them a couple of weeks ago but knew it'd take a few days after getting back from 'home for the holidays' to get things going in the right direction..
These are my resolutions..
1. Caffeine reduction. None after lunch.. (I need better sleep.)
2. No creamer in the coffee.. Unnecessary calories..
3. Exercise daily.. Have exercised since, oh, who knows when.. A necessity.
4. Re-join Weight Watchers.. It's changed completely since I was last a member.. And I've added a few of the pounds I had lost previously.. So, it was time..
All resolutions kept today.. Now to figure out some more of these new damn points on WW.. You get more points per day but the points have changed much!! Some things that were one point are either zero points or three points or two!! Invested in a WW calculator.. Another necessity.
DD made all A's and B's on her report card!! They send them out the week after Christmas break.. I guess they don't want to screw up the kid's holiday!! Now, poor brother is on the hook for another $200.. He promised her every time she made the A/B honor roll, he'd give her that amount.. I hope she breaks him!! :):):)~~
Other news, the Agnostic agrees we are only friends now.. Except that he still keeps telling me that he loves me.. Luckily, I'm here and he's there..
On the other hand, son-of-a-bitch! I'm still here!! I've had three very nice phone calls in the last two weeks thanking me for applying for *whatever* position but that my qualifications were such that I would not be happy with the $$/position/working conditions/whatever... Fuck them and me, too.. Okay.. Just keep on keeping on..
Work is fun again, even if I'm still pissed about the recent turn of events.. But, I do love doing design work and that's what I'm doing now.. Although, I'm still a little cavalier about the whole thing.. Running a little late? Fuck 'em... Need to leave a little early? Fuck 'em.. And I just again realized how much they're going to miss me.. Friday they were going to waste one 'man day' ($350+) on a project For. The. Whole. Fucking. Company. that only took me a $20 flash drive and about 20 minutes to complete.. Sheesh, people.. Think much?
So now, my 'to do' list for tomorrow is to pick up batteries for the elliptical.. I actually had to time myself with the clock!! How 20th century!! :):):)

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Yah, DD!!
And good luck with the resolutions! I know you'll do great with them!!

Just me... said...

Emmy - Thanks for both!! :):)