Jan 6, 2011

Today is better..

A little time, a little boosting of my resolve to find other 'arrangements' with regard to location.. Discovered that I had a friend and I didn't even realize it.. Took a shot, got a phone number and called a moderately well-connected acquaintence.. He seemed very happy that I called.. We talked for a while.. I am a little direct in some regards so I came right out to ask if he could help.. He said he would and if we could talk again tomorrow (this all happened late last night), he would have some info for me..
I almost forgot to call back..
But I did.. He flirted his ass off, gave me the info I wanted.. Then offered to make a call for me.. I thanked him for any assistance he might provide and he said we'd talk later..
Later was about 5 minutes later..
He had made the call just after our call ended and he had more info.. Here's hoping something comes of it..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While I was home, I saw tons of people I hadn't seen in years.. One guy looked so sad.. Found out he was getting a divorce (not his idea) and was depressed about it.. He and I talked a bit but you could tell that too many years had passed since we used to race our cars on a certain country road.. There's not much I could say to help.. But I did call my cousin who used to be a very good friend of his.. Told cousin that I thought he was a little too depressed and it would be nice if he called.. He did and they're going canoeing (sp?) this coming weekend..
Another guy I hadn't seen in a while was another cousin of mine (other side of the family).. Spent about 5 hours just talking.. I've always known he was gay as we grew up together.. Well, he's 'out' now.. I hugged his neck and asked him if he was ever 'in'.. He said he tried to be straight for years.. Even almost got married a couple of times.. But, now he's kicked the coke, is much happier with himself and still does great hair.. Oh, yeah.. He's GREAT at that.. Has his own place, very upscale.. And I now have great hair.. Well, as great as you can get with this fine duck-fluff hair of mine!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One thing this visit home did was solidify my idea that living there would be much better for my psyche and better for DD to grow up knowing all these relatives.. She sometimes talks of having so few people in her family.. I'm sure that comes from the complete disappearance of her father and his family (not that they were around all that much).. Well, there are TONS of relatives on my side!! We've just never been there long enough for her to see them all!! That is going to change.. Period..
Even if it boils down to me having to say 'Welcome to Walmart' a million times a day...........
(Melodrama, much?)
;-)

4 comments:

anon said...

You'd make a great Walmart greeter : ) I can tell, you'd take it to whole new level cause you're witty and a worker-girl.

That was really nice of you to tell your cousin to call the sad guy. Lots of people wouldn't have taken the time.

And hey! I have baby-hair too. Does that blow or what???!!!

Just me... said...

powder - On the hair, right? A slight breeze and I look like I've been caught in a tornado! Thank God for Nioxin thickening gel and Power Hold!! Which means wearing a ponytail any time I ride with friends.. Nothing like flat, sprayed helmet hair!! :-) LOL

Another Suburban Mom said...

I guess you can go home again. I hope you find something gainful so you can move.

Just me... said...

As long as you don't expect it to be the same, I think you can go home again.. And it's never going to be the same without Daddy..
But, with obligations I have there and the desire for DD to know the family, 700 miles away is just too far to away.. Thank you!! :):)