Dec 20, 2011

Disappointments..

Well, I guess I fell prey to the old Druid idea that if you dare speak it out loud, it will turn bad (look up origin of 'knock wood')... The very new bf lied to me.. Hugely.. Technicality says we weren't 'really' involved as we hadn't slept together.. Fuck technicality.. If you lie, you lie.. Has nothing to do with how advanced a relationship is or is not.. As it is, there is no more relationship.. Now, we're merely acquaintances.. He says he wants to re-earn my trust.. I'm not sure that's possible.. The things I would ask of him are far reaching.. Would involve major changes.. And then, I don't know if it's worth it..
I mean, if they lie hugely early on, what's the chance they're just liars who can never be trusted again?
I'll be honest, whenever I've been lied to, I'm gone.. Getting advice to give him another try (mostly from women) and to kick him to the curb (mostly from men).. Not really sure what I want.. I liked him.. He was fun, interesting and seemed genuine.. Not sure where this goes yet...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1:35pm
And I have just discovered that a former 'liaison' reads this blog.. He just texted to say he was thinking about me this morning and hoped all was well with me..
He was also one who sang a sweet song.. Oh, how he loved me! Oh, how important I was! Oh, how it didn't matter we were far apart!! Plans for seeing each other, vacations, cruises, etc..
Only to call one day and say, "Um, yeah.. Well, not so much.. You see, I've sort of met a married woman who is so miserable.. And yeah, um, I'm sneaking around with her.. And you know all those reasons you had for why we shouldn't see each other? Sure! Let's go with you were right and.. Whew! I'm off the hook!!"

And there are days I wonder why I don't label all men as lying cocksuckers?

5 comments:

Hubman said...

Not all men, just most of us :-p

Sorry to hear that you've been disappointed...

Alfro said...

Damn,
Lying Cocksuckers give the rest of us a bad name.....
Sorry to hear of your disappointment. But, don't give up on all of us guys. Theres a few good ones out here still.
Hope things work out.....

Laurie said...

Sorry you were lied to! But I am on the same bandwagon you are. Men are cocksuckers....except for my 18 year old. :-)

Merry Christmas!

Shadowdog said...

It has nothing to do with gender. If all you dated were women, you'd label all women as lying cocksuckers. Dating is a messy, disheartening, sad business most of the time. People treat each other like crap, "better deal" each other, discard each other, etc. There's a reason why I haven't dated in 5 years, I couldn't do it anymore.

I don't know if you should give this guy a chance or not (and it's been a week so maybe you already have) but I will say this: most of the lying that happens in a relationship happens early on. It's human nature and it doesn't bother me. What bothers me are the lies after I've been with somebody for a long time, when "I was just protecting myself" is no longer an excuse.

Just me... said...

It's taken me a long time to get back to this.. As it is, he's been given a chance to redeem himself but is on seriously unstable ground.. Thus far, looks good.. But it could all go to hell in an instant.. Slowslowslowslowslow is the mantra.. We'll see..
Thanks and no, not all guys are lying cocksuckers.. Some of lying pussy-eaters.. ;-)