As I sit here, I realize that I have it easy in some regards..
I have a great daughter.. Oh, she can be hard-headed and an eye-rolling pre-teen.. But generally, she's a "yes ma'am" kinda girl...
I have a great job, one that most would love to have.. Sometimes it's crazy and I bitch... But in general, it's great..
I have a great family.. If I wanted, I could break camp and move home today without much change in my financial lifestyle.. The changes would be in other areas, but nothing too drastic..
I have a sweet, and very new, bf.. He is kind and caring.. He has his faults and, occasionally, he will do something inane that reminds me of my ex.. But mostly that's just Southern or guy stuff (military/history/news channels, conservative politically, internet)...
I have my challenges too...
Struggles with exercise and weight control that, at times, are barely under control..
This surgery thing.. Oh, I don't even want to think about that..
Raising my daughter completely alone... Zero free time and non-existent local back up..
Trying very much to live within my personal means, even tho I just dropped $2500 on a dance performance..
In the end, regardless of what life throws at you, you get to decide how you will react and if you will be happy or not.. So, I have decided to be happy.. Oh, there will be days I fail miserably.. But there will be days when I don't.. My goal? To succeed more days than I fail..
And that's about all you can do...
2 comments:
I don't think I have commented before but I have missed your blog! Glad to hear other things (other than the surgery crap) in your life are going well. :-)
Laurie - Welcome, although of late I have been a very slack blogger, and thanks!! Trying to teach DD that it's how you react, not what happens, that makes you who you are. And by changing your reaction, you can change yourself and be happier.. So, I gotta live it too.. :):)
Post a Comment