Jun 21, 2012

Summertime...

...and the living is easy..
Well, it will be..  DD is going to mom's on Saturday morning. Actually I'm leaving on Friday to drive her down.. My brother was supposed to bring mom to meet me in Atlanta.. However, because he was raised by her to be one of the more self-centered people I know, he bailed..  She insists on still coming to meet me..
But since I'd rather my 72 y/o, still getting over Lyme disease mother not have to make the trip, I was just going to drive to FL.. She had a fit.. 'You act like I'm old!"  :-|  Well..  Mom...  72..   And yes, I had sense enough not to say any of that.. So, I picked a place about 3 hours north of her to meet.. And since she'll be heading back about noon, I have the whole rest of the weekend to get back home..
So, going to have coffee with one friend on the way, spend the night with others and go shopping/have dinner with a third set..  These are people I never get to see.. And they are grown ups!!!  I've almost forgotten how nice it is to have a conversation with grown ups based on something other than kids!!!
Not that I don't love DD with all my heart.. But mama needs a vacation.. Even if she has to work the whole time!!

No comments: