May 21, 2012

Best Laid Plans Don't Get You Laid..

Couldn't help it..  The title is just indicative of my mood of late..
Let's see..  Hot on the heels of the last post, my mom went into the hospital..  Lyme Disease..  Rocky Mountain Spotted Tick Fever...  Meningitis..  She spent 4 days there on major antibiotics.. She came home last Friday and has been resting since..  She swears she's feeling better.. But someone is gonna have to sit on her to make her rest..  Anyway, another few weeks of antibiotics and MD's think she'll be fine.. And yes, I made her put me on speaker phone with the doctor because my mother will lie (for better or worse, depending on her need) about what a doctor says..
Tried to cancel the trip down this Friday and she pitched a fit.. So, we're heading down just as soon as school is out on Friday..  But, thinking we'll spend a great deal of time at brother's house..  Make take the Wii and would love to take the bikes.. Would need a U-haul for this so, the dog and the bikes stay..
With an extended recuperation time, summer plans are completely fucked up..  Wait and see attitude.. Just have to wait and see.. All I can do..
Doing well with WW.. Haven't exercised like I'd like.. But, working it into the schedule will be easier once school is out.. No more morning kamikaze runs thru the school drop off...  Gives me a good extra 25 minutes in the morning!!!  And not having to chase one out of bed, do breakfast and mile long hair.. Well, I can find another 10 minutes.. That gives me 30 on the elliptical..  I'm thinking this out as I type.. Hmm...
Been seeing a guy.. A great guy..  Too young..  And he's too far away..  Not to mention the one issue that bit me in the ass a while back.. Well, more wait and see..
Needing this upcoming vacation..  Hoping not to work myself into a hole like the last one.. Maybe just one day.. Make arrangements, clean some.. Why she won't let a cleaning lady in her house is fucking beyond me.. Dishwasher was never used.. It's so damn old now (circa 1974, used 10 times, maybe) I'm sure it needs replacing.. She needs to get a good one and use it.. And she needs a cleaning lady.. Oh, and none of these issues have anything to do with money..  She is just fucking hardheaded..  She thinks they'll run downtown and tell everything they see or will steal her blind..  *sigh*  "...paranoia will destroy ya..."
As usual, I wait and see.....

No comments: