May 15, 2012

That's life..

Well, let's see..  Weight Watchers again and doing well.. Exercising remains a challenge but that's life.. DD is almost done with elementary school.  Has finally taken an interest in school so her grades are decent without my 'riding herd' constantly.  Work is work.. Nothing back home has shaken out.. Now that I'm nearing this summer, I fear I'm just going to have to stay here.. I just don't think I can ditch everything and move back..  That's terribly scary..  It's like admitting you're living where you don't want to be, away from everything thing you love and know, you can't leave, you'll never leave and you're gonna die here...  I'd rather be trapped in a cage.. So, have made the decision that while I might not find anything back home, perhaps I can find something better somewhere else.. I have always suspected, and now more so than ever, there would come a time when the company I work for ends up on the 'sold off in pieces' or raided pile.. It's a sad thing to worry about because there are some great people here.. However, for me, someone who has no one here in this state even, I need to find a position that either pays enough to warrant living with that kind of thing hanging over my head or find a position with a stable company that is not located in a wee small burg far from anything..  Very recently, I've started looking for positions elsewhere.. Away from 'back home'..  I don't feel I have the support I would need there anyway.. And it is easier to rely on yourself than to rely on someone else..  A little spooky striking out on your own, alone.. But that's just the way it seems to be..
Have been seeing a very sweet man..  He's not from here so it's easier to leave here..
Henceforth, my job search will be from TX to FL and TN south...  Think that's a large enough territory?  ;-)

2 comments:

Alfro said...

And life moves on.....

Just me... said...

Alfro - If we're lucky!! :-) :-)