Apr 9, 2012

Spring...

Everywhere things are turning green!! Which means the goldenrod is blooming and I have a sore throat and 'situational asthma' (which I think is a minor crock but I guess they have to have a name for everything)...
However, on the fence still about exactly how to handle this summer.. Know I've got until Memorial Day to make some concrete decisions.. I'll wait..
So, have decided to refocus on health and exercise until then.. Much to my daughter's chagrin.. She likes eating out all the time.. And I admit, it's easier than fuck to stop and pick up something.. Or run into the Chinese buffet for supper.. But, damn... The cost of that is high.. Whatever you count (cash, points, calories, sodium, etc), you can tally up quite a few by eating out all the time.. So, I've started cooking more.. Which means I work all day, go home, exercise, cook, clean up and then, about 9pm, fall into the shower... On dance nights, 9:30 shower and then bed.. This is how I screw myself.. I get tired.. I get bored.. I get pissed..
And we start eating out again..
So, my new goals is to find things that can sit in the fridge for a little while, but can be pulled out and used.. Prepackaged stuff.. Like salads.. Boiled eggs.. I wanna eat better but a nod must be given to ease of preparation. Only about 2 days during the week do I have time to cook an entire meal for supper.. Even when using Schwann's, I'm spending a ton of time in the kitchen..
If you have any ideas, they will be greatly appreciated... :):)

3 comments:

Alfro said...

It's not easy....My wife will tell you the same thing. Our life sounds a lot like yours. We've been trying to eat home more also...wish I had some good suggestions, but I don't so if you come up with ideas, I'll steal yours.
hope your well.

k bare said...

i wish i had words of wisdom....
all i can say is
i have the same problem!!

it's hard

Just me... said...

Alfro - Still fighting the ease of eating out.. Win some, lose some!! :):)
k - I think it's a universal problem.. Comes from having no time to call your own!! :):)