Jan 18, 2014

Summer 2012 - Part 2; Fall/Winter 2012; Spring 2013

I made the decision to go home with him..  It was an amazing night.. And from that point forward, we spent as much time together as possible.. Every weekend I was at his house.. During the week, he would often come to mine.. We connected in thousands of ways..
The summer passed pretty quickly..  And then it was time to go get DD..  So, I told her that I had made new friends over the summer and introduced her to them.. We initially talked of going to visit every other weekend.. But we only missed going down one weekend..  Being with him was home for me.. And he would come up during the week..  That was tricky.. Luckily, I had a back door in my bedroom and he had a key.. We were inseparable..  I tore my rotator cuff and it was used as an excuse for him to be there more often.. I had surgery and he took care of me..  She even came up to help..  She seemed like she enjoyed being my friend.. And I was trying to really like her.. But there was something holding me back..
And DD was too involved with her life (and not wanting to get up in the mornings) to notice him being around so much..  Eventually, the pattern was leave Friday afternoons and come back Sunday nights.. After about three months of this, he asked me to move in..  The wife was like 'great idea, please be here'..  She was a bit of a drama queen but had gotten used to it and was pretty much ignoring it..  Wrong move..  More later..
I resisted..  We all got on very well, but keeping up a charade with the kids (theirs and mine) for a weekend was easy.. The whole moving in thing would be tricky.. But, he persisted..  I loved him and he loved me.. And together we were perfect..  But this wasn't just us..
So, after about 4 months, I decided to leave it up to the Fates and apply for one job..  And I got it.. Packed up and left..  Told my family it was a temporary move until we got settled in the new city.. (about an hour away)  Total lie but, they never came up to visit so it would fly..
We talked a lot about how it would work.. The decision was to behave as one family..  He made sure I knew that it was my home.. It went great..  For about a month....

1 comment: