Jun 23, 2010

Bad Timing...

Well.. Was about to embark on a little adventure but have had to postpone it.. However, duty calls and there's not much I can do about that..
I have had a rather interesting week.. One in which I came closer than I have ever come to just walking out on a job.. Made tons of arrangements for someone.. Got promises (and paper, always have a paper trail) from his people that all items would arrive, in time and perfect..
The polar opposite turned out to be true..
Three items were to arrive..
No one can find the first as the guy responsible was fired and his minions are, um, clueless...
The second came with tons of errors, all of which I had corrected within 18 hours.
Except.. A design change this guy had 'mandated' more than 18 months ago had not been implemented. And it showed.. Bigtime..
Third, an item didn't arrive at all.. Then was told it was because a needed part hadn't arrived.. Then, when questioned they said 'oh, it just arrived'... Found out it had arrived 3 weeks earlier.. Who knows what that issue was? But, lying about it (especially when discovering the truth was so very easy) was not the way to go...
Regardless of the fact that it was his company (for whom I do not work) that fucked this up entirely, tried to lie their way out of it, tried to blame me, but then was found out, he was pissy with me!!!
No, shitty.. No, a supercilious, self-righteous blowhard.. Whatever..
As much as I did, as many times as I called to follow up, as much time I put into this, his company fucked it up.. And now he's wanting to be a prick to me..
First if you fire a guy who is supposed to come through on a project, it's a good bet that project is in the trash somewhere..
Second, if you want a design change, make sure it's done. Don't blame an outside person for not knowing it was "supposed" to have been made.
Third, if your people are going to sabotage you, and you find out about it, direct your disgust/ire/irritation at someone who might actually have access to the system you're bitching about!!!!!!!!
I walked into my bosses office, tossed a sheath of emails on his desk (including the ones where their lies were blatantly discovered) and didn't even get my mouth open before he put his hand up, said he knew, don't worry, leave the documentation (copies only) and just take the rest of the day off.. I'm pretty sure my face must have been saying that they can all go fuck themselves, I'm outta here.
And I should of said it..
May, yet and still...

2 comments:

Shadowdog said...

Give em hell, Hancock! Er, JustMe.

They sound like real asswigs to me.

Just me... said...

Shadow - You said it, brother!! :)