Jul 15, 2010

Blind-sided....

Last night, I got a notice that there was a package too large for the mailbox and I'd have to pick it up at the post office.. So, I toddle my happy ass down there this morning after a meeting..
It's an envelope from the Clerk of Courts.. And it's registered, I have to sign for it..
I do, and go to the car..
I open it..
CD has filed..
Got the notice on DD's birthday..
And there's a summons to come to court to decide the 'settlement'..
Talk of me paying for 'marital debts' and him having 'parenting time' with minor child..
You have got to be fucking kidding me..
Call brother, he calls my lawyer..
Brother calls me back, telling me to relax, it's just a form letter from a marginal atty..
But all I can think is the bastard is going to torment me with visitation..
How can I let him have visitation?
How can I live with myself exposing her to someone who has vacated her life for more than 10 months? Someone one who called her 'stupid' regularly at the beginning of the third grade? Told her he didn't have to worry about paying for college because she was too stupid to go? Told her he would 'put her out of her misery'?
Brother said not to worry.. We'd fight him to the very end..
So, I've copied my entire blog, edited it for all content on CD..
Now, I'm deleting everything before Memorial Day 2010..
Just in case he's not as stupid as I think he is..

And I was gonna be nice and not file on her birthday.. And was gonna give him a polite heads up text to tell him to expect it..

Nice and polite are out the window..
Cold, quiet, info-gathering...
That's Just Me now...

6 comments:

Hubman said...

He ignores her for months, obviously doesn't care about or for her, and then wants visitation? Hahahaha, he's delusional!

Good luck with everything!

Laurie said...

He doesn't stand a chance in hell considering he hasn't seen her since he left and has made absolultely no effort. Not to mention his past behaviors towards DD.

Best of luck to ya!

Just me... said...

I am sooo hoping you are both right.. Thanks so much... :):)

Emmy said...

It'll all be good...don't worry. I'm sure this is a tactic. He will want you take care of more debts for him or throw more money his way or something in exchange for the visitation. Mark my words that he is using her as a negotiation tool.....as sad as it is to even type that....

Hugs to you!
~Emmy

Another Suburban Mom said...

This is a popular tactic in divorce proceedings.

People threaten with child issues to scare the other parent into giving in on something else they want.

Don't give in. If there was ever a time to be a world class bitch, now is it.

Just me... said...

Emmy - It is sad that she's no more important to him than she is.. But I knew that when I left.. Hell, it's one of the reasons I left.. So, I'm not surprised.. Just once again, disappointed.. Thank you!! :):)

ASM - Seriously, if he wants a little cash to go away, I can deal with that.. Even if it's not forever, but just long enough for me to get back home, it would be worth it.. Thanks! :):)