Over the last six weeks, I've been up to my eyes in work and people... Some good, some bad. On both counts.
Now, DD is with mom for a few weeks.. And I have time to think...
This may not be a good thing.. Then, again...
Things I'm thinking about..
Divorce - It's been more than 10 months since he has even asked about DD. I see no change in the future.. So, it's time.. Going tomorrow afternoon to meet with a local lawyer to get the ball rolling. Armed with pre-nup and financial disclosures.. Wish me luck..
Agnostic - I am certain that this has run its course.. He tells me all kinds of lovely things.. He loves me, he wants me in his life, yada, yada, yada.... And I'm pretty certain that it's simply run its course with me.. I'm not living on a string. If he wants me, he has issues he needs to work out.. Either he does or he doesn't.. But I'm not sitting prettily on the sideline waiting forever.. It's sad and I'm going to miss having someone who at least says they care, but it is what it is..
Employment - That's sucking swamp water.. But, I keep plugging along.. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? Got a revamped resume so let's see how it goes..
In all honesty, I think I'm simply ready to start living, where ever I may be living.. I've been waiting a year, living as though I'm breaking camp any second now. Another form of limbo, I guess.. But, it's time to stop waiting and start doing..
All of this I think I knew before last Friday.. But, DD had a little friend over to spend the night and they both wanted Chinese for supper.. Went to a buffet (surprise? not..) and at the end of the meal, DD fetched the fortune cookies for us all.. She passes them out and waits for everyone else to read theirs before reading hers.. Mine said, "Why not go out on a limb? After all, that's where the fruit is, isn't it?"
So, why not?
6 comments:
It seems that you have a lot going on. I hope that the divorce proceedings go smoothly.
Great fortune cookie! I think the universe is trying to tell you something :)
Good luck tomorrow!
Good luck with the divorce lawyer!
It is time. I wish you well. I'm sorry that you and your DD have to go through this crap.
Good luck on the divorce proceedings. It sounds like the time has definitely come on that.
ASM - Thanks! Keep your fingers crossed!! :):)
Emmy - Now I just have to listen to the universe.. Easier said than done!! Thanks! :):)
Hubman - Thank you!! :):)
Sam - Welcome and thank you.. Just glad DD is back home at the moment.. Just in case he behaves badly.. :)
Shadow - "Now the time has come, There are things to realize, Time has come today, Time has come today." And it did.. Thanks!! :*)
Post a Comment