Well, one more week.. In one week from today, the judge could be signing off on the divorce.. Next Saturday, I'm taking a somewhat required course on parenting the child of divorce. I don't know if he's taken it or not.. And if the judge insists, he would have to take it before the judge would sign off.. Here's hoping, since the agreement that I have sole custody, my taking the class is enough.. I can't count on CD to do it..
On a tangent, got a text Saturday night.. Thought it was from CD.. Turns out, he left his cell phone at the local grocery store and they texted me to find out who owned it.. You see, he has one of those pay-as-you-go phones.. So, I guess it was good of them to put it behind the counter and text someone.. Lost cell phones are often targets of calls to relatives in faraway places.. My brother knows all about that. He lost his phone once.. Left it in a convenience store on a Friday night.. By the time the phone company turned it off on Monday, there were over $2000 worth of calls to India and Mexico..
Well, I texted back to tell them who he was and where he worked.. And then went one step further.. Called a friend of his to ask if he'd tell him about it tomorrow at work.. He wasn't home and I talked with his wife.. There's no telling what CD told them, but she was a little frosty...
So, ain't I sweet? I have to admit, there was a part of me that wanted to blow the whole situation off.. Ignore the text and feign ignorance... But, for whatever reason, I thought the right thing to do was what I did.. No reason to rock the boat a this juncture..
Here's hoping that, as of next Monday, these types of things are no longer my concern.....
3 comments:
I hope he has fulfilled everything for you so you can be free of you.
ASM - In my life, I'm free of him now.. It now just need to be made legal and binding... Thanks... :):)
Doing the right thing is always best. Even when doing the right thing helps those who least deserve it.
TAG
Post a Comment