It seems like either we have tons of it or none of it.. Lately, I seem to be on the latter end.. No time for anything.. Maybe I'm just trying to keep busy as I distance myself from the Agnostic.. He thinks my work has become overwhelming and that I do not have time to talk as much.. Partly true.. Partly because I think it'll be easier on both of us if we back off on talking as much as we did.. I don't want to hurt him, I don't want to hurt me.. But, there's no way we're going to come out of this unhurt completely..
So, I'll do what I can to minimize it..
One of the other things that has eaten up much of my time is a host of 4th grade projects.. Of late, a decorated pumpkin.. One I thought the kids were supposed to do.. One that I insisted that DD do herself.. I helped on things that she didn't know how to do (had to use industrial strength glue to hold a nose on and had to help spray paint with aluminum paint)... However, when I delivered said pumpkin (as I agreed to do because I didn't think that nose would make it through gym before school started), I saw a myriad of the most intricate paintings, most complicated designs with vignettes that were too large for most 4th graders to carry.. Much less design and implement!!! Do the parents think the teachers are that clueless? Or do the teachers go along with it in order to avoid "calling out" the parents who are doing their kids' work? I just have to see how this little contest turns out!! :):):)
For the record, DD made all A's and B's on her report card, the teacher thinks she doing 'fine, just fine' and that her attention/organization problems are merely due to her being the youngest in the class.. "Don't worry, she'll catch on soon!" were her words.. So, I'm happy.. :):)
No comments:
Post a Comment