DD 'forgot' about a Reading test today..
Blew the test, big time..
Now she's got a C+ in that!!
So, no skating this weekend..
However, she now has an A in Spelling, three B+'s (all one point away from an A) in English, Math and Science, two B's in Social Studies and Homeroom (teacher gives vocabulary tests in homeroom) and that damn C+ in Reading..
But, even though I read her the riot act over the bad grade in Reading, I am still very pleased with her progress this year.. If you had told me six months ago that she'd have these grades, I would have been more than skeptical..
On another suckass topic, still no divorce.. I was certain that it'd be done before tomorrow (17th anniversary).. But, it's not.. Well, fuck.. Emailed my lawyer again.. Oh, and I'm getting no support from my brother.. I hinted that maybe he should call my lawyer and spur him on.. He replied that the guy was charging me a fifth of what he charges for doing a simple divorce so I can't expect much.. I responded that what he charges is the going rate in this town.. Brother said to remind him to never practice law in my town.. :):)
This afternoon, DD and I went to a local grocery to pick up a few things.. Pulled into the parking lot only to see CD's truck parked on the far side.. So, to DD I pretended that there was something I wanted to do before getting a few groceries.. I circled back and pulled into a parking space where I could see his truck, but it was unlikely he'd see my car.. I bragged on her Science Unit 4 test grade (94), had her get out her homework to check and watched his truck.. Then, three cars directly between his truck and my car left and I was sticking out like a sore thumb.. So, as the phone rang with the Agnostic calling, I moved the car into another space just as CD exited the store.. DD was still laughing over a phone conversation we all had yesterday so she was paying attention to the phone.. Saw CD leave, finished phone call with Agnostic and went grocery shopping.. I felt stupid about avoiding CD.. But I just didn't want DD to have to deal with him..
Re: the conversation yesterday.. DD wanted Burger King for supper, we were running late so I drove thru to pick up some of their chicken nuggets for her.. Agnostic was on the phone and, when I said where I was, said that he loved Whooooopers (think 'Whoop, there it is!').. I started giggling.. Now, normally I blow off the times he and his accent butcher English words.. But this one tickled me to the depths of my soul.. Then, he explained that was they way they said it in Quebec.. I agreed that they did, but I couldn't help it.. Then DD started giggling and saying Whoooooooper, even more exaggerated than Agnostic.. Then she started 'Ruuuuupert Whoooooper has a poooooper scooooooooper' and a whole host of other equally silly sayings.. It was hilarious.. Between him repeating and exaggerating his original pronunciation (he did make me repeat the word several times and said it flawlessly thereafter), DD and her silliness, I was in stitches!! But then, I have a warped sense of humor.. :):):)
2 comments:
Oh I dread when my little one is doing the homework...I'm not ready for that!
So sorry about the divorce. No advice, just hugs!
Hang in there...it will be worth the wait...;)
Post a Comment