Ever have a day where you know by 8am that you've been as productive as you're going to be for the rest of the day?
By the time I arrived at work, I knew that the getting-up-getting-breakfast-getting-ready-getting-to-school-getting-to-work was going to be the thing that would require the greatest mental effort.. Not that I've just sat on my behind all day long.. But, this is definitely not a day where your mental faculties are challenged.. Oh, I'm working.. But it's namby-pamby stuff.. Ridding myself of samples.. Fabric, tile, paint, etc.. Arranging for 30 pallets of systems components to be sent to a facility outside of the contiguous 48 States.. Filing old projects.. Oh, and I hate filing!! I want something new!! Of course, I'm always like this at the end of a project.. Once I'm mostly done with it, it gets boooring..
The only thing left is for me to go to the facility and oversee the furniture installation.. That's the week after Halloween.. Then, the week before, I'm going to a conference.. So, mom is coming to watch DD for those 9 days.. And I'd be a huge liar if I said that I wasn't looking forward to a little break from the routine.. However, I am prepping DD for her responsibilities while I'm gone.. Don't want my little break/work get in the way of her grades.. :):)
And for the first time since I've had her, she actually wants to go trick-or-treating!! I used to have to make her go when she was little.. But when she turned 7, she put her foot down and said she wanted to hand the candy out.. So, I let her.. Then last year, same thing.. Figured this year would be no different so when I found out I wouldn't be around for it all, I wasn't that twisted.. She and mom could hand out candy and all would be fine.. But, nope.. She wants to trick-or-treat.. So, I need to find a map to mark the places where she can go.. :-\
Sent the lawyer a note yesterday asking if he'd heard anything.. Was hoping he would call to see if CD had been in to sign the papers.. I know, I know.. It was relatively quick, terribly simple and there's nothing left to do but wait.. Just getting anxious!!
No comments:
Post a Comment