The last week of October was spent at a work-related convention.. Drove to Hotlanta on Tuesday for four nights and three days of conventioning.. Stayed downtown, spent the days at convention center and the nights at 'receptions'.. Apparently, conventions are really all about alcohol and hooking up.. I swear, if you're half-way decent and have only one slutty bone in your body, you can get laid nine ways from Sunday.. And they don't even have to be from your particular convention!! I had more drinks bought for me than you can imagine! FYI - Pinot Grigio or a good Single Malt Scotch.. Men, pay attention to what she's drinking if you want to have any hopes whatsoever.. :D
Anyway, it was fun even if I didn't participate 'fully' in all aspects of the convention.. :):)~~
Spent Saturday morning visiting with a great couple, their kids and his brother.. Was the beneficiary of wonderful gifts and very warm regards!! Thanks to them for their hospitality!!
Left there and was on my way to visit with another new/old friend when a week of late nights and too much liquor caught up with me big-time!! I was driving in the northern section of South Carolina and could not keep my eyes open!! And it was 4pm!! I had to stop and get a room.. Asked to be forgiven for not making dinner and fell asleep at 5pm.. Slept 14 of the next 16 hours.. Then spent the 4 hours after that pampering myself..
Finally got back on the road and met with my new/old friend, who was suffering from a wicked cold.. Had a dinner of Thai food and great company before ending the weekend leg of my trip at work.. We're opening a new facility in another state so I had to do my thing there..
Little did I know, there were five work days between Monday and Wednesday!! After my tour of the Southeast and the travails of work, I ended up back home on Wednesday night.. Tired, half-happy and half-pissed with work.. Two suitcases of convention crap and dirty clothes.. A laptop bag full of receipts, drawings, photos and headaches.. By yesterday, I'd sorted everything out.. With regards to work, anyway...
Got a phone call on Thursday from the lawyer.. He had the final papers and did I want to pick them up or should he mail them? Stupid question. I stop by and pick them up to find out that I had been divorced for 15 days!! As of the 20th of last month, I am a free woman!! ((Kinda wish I'd known this while at that convention!! LOL)) CD also signed the form so I can get DD's passport.. But they didn't notarize it.. So, I stopped by his lawyer's office and cajoled them into notarizing it..
Now I have complete autonomy with regards to staying or leaving here..
Oh, shit..
Now it's all up to me..
That's a spooky thought..
The Agnostic is operating under the premise that everything is as it was.. I've told him several times that my life is changing, and with it, so are our 'relationship dynamics'.. He completely ignores anything he doesn't want to hear.. So, I guess I'm just going to have to hurt his feelings because either he is the most self-centered person in the world or the most self-deluded.. Or maybe I can steal a play from the guy playbook.. Not really break up with him, just stop being available.. I don't know.. Going to have to think about this.. Goodness knows I hate confrontational situations in relationships.. But I hate shying away from them just as much..
DD did okay while G'ma was in charge.. But G'ma is a pushover and DD has no problem pushing.. So, schoolwork suffered a bit in one subject.. But overall, it was good.. And it was good to get back to her on Wednesday.. And while the rule is that she sleeps in her own bed, I had company Wed and Thurs nights about 2am (or would that be Thurs and Fri mornings about 2am?).. Either way, I didn't have the heart to chase her back to her bed.. I'd missed the little creature terribly!!! :):)
2 comments:
Well congratulations on your divorce. I hope this opens up an awesome new chapter in your life.
I need to get to Atlanta. I have only been in the airport and driven though it.
ASM - Thanks! And you would love Atlanta.. It has all the night-life one would ever need, plus tons of family friendly place!! :):)
Post a Comment