Well, the tree is up, the house is clean and decorated for Christmas.. Clothes are all washed, ironed (where necessary) and put away.. Presents are wrapped and under the tree.. Thus far my idiot dog has jet to figure out how to get to the tree..
Native American report is written, wigwam was a crashing disaster.. Thinking a breech cloth as an example.. What do I need? One leather shoelace and a piece of muslin-y looking bit of fabric? Perhaps some beading for the edge?
On the other hand, my nifty idea of passing off someone else's handiwork as her own has gone down in flames.. The bracelets were pronounced 'not cool' and I'm back to square one.. Finding a way to get her to actually make bracelets may involve a trip to the local 'women-with-too-much-time-on-their-hands-so-they-scrapbook-and-make-jewelry' store.. It'll cost me an arm and a leg.. But, she can make the things there and the helpers will make sure everything is a-okay..
On stranger news.. My mother called.. She announced that I should just move home, even if I don't have gainful employment there. 'Finding something from so far away is too than difficult. If you just move back, it will be easier.' This from a woman who (even though she never, ever, EVER had to work) always prided herself on having a decent job outside of the house.. You could have knocked me over with a feather.. I let that comment slide by.. No way in hell I'm moving back there, hat in hand.. I'd rather freeze my ass off for another winter, thankyouverymuch..
In even stranger news, got a serious 'blast from the past' text.. So much so, I had to do a little research to figure out who it was from.. I had completely forgotten the number.. Just an old acquaintance saying Hello.. Wondered how I was doing.. Fine.. What I was doing... Working and living.. Was I divorced.. Yes.. He's seeing someone.. Good for you.. Okay, bye.. Bye..
All that just to tell me nanny-nanny-boo-boo? Guess he felt the need since he got shot down several years back.. Whatever... :-
Work is actually going great.. I do really like what I do for the most part.. Just do I have to do it where it's so freaking cold!!! Left the house this AM and it was 18.. The sun came up and the temperature dropped to 15!! The high? A scorching 22... I may need to start 'keeping company' with someone just to keep my feet warm!! :):):)
No comments:
Post a Comment