...or "Why Dating Can Suck...."
Went out last night with a very nice guy.. Much more gentlemanly than most guys up here.. Opened doors and car doors, helped with coat (very cold last night), took my hand as I was exiting the car.. He had perfect manners.. However, two things..
First, he tended to talk politics.. He's very conservative.. Rabidly conservative.. Not a Palin fan, but still... And had a touch of it's-gonna-get-worse-in-the-future attitude.. This reminded me HUGELY of the ex.. I don't mind a political discussion.. On a first date? Um, no..
Second, the first time I saw him, he had on shorts and a hoodie.. But, he had great legs and it was appropriate dress for the situation.. I knew he was a little older than me.. Didn't ask how much.. My mistake.. I can deal with a few years in either direction.. He was more than a little older.. This did surprise me.. He has fewer wrinkles than most people my age.. Very damn little grey in his head full of hair.. And he runs 8 miles a day.. However, as we talked, the 'generation gap' started rearing it's ugly head.. And I swear, he looked better in the hoodie/shorts than he did in a button-down and slacks... I found out that he was 13 years older than me.. Oy..
Now, neither of the two are necessarily enough for me to write someone off.. But combine them and, well.. He's a nice guy.. But, he has definitely moved into the 'friend' zone... :):)
3 comments:
my love is 13 years older than me.
and god help me, a republican.
i understand what you mean about the age difference....
for us
it doesn't seem to get in our way
lord knows, i can hardly keep up with him.
sorry your date didn't work out
onward and upward!!
Sad...not the situation, but how you beat up on us old folk. Poor fella. ; )~ Cheers Paige!!
k bare - The biggest issue was that he reminded me of ex.. Bitching about politics is not a way to spend a first date!! :):):)
Matt - I would never beat up on old folk! I respect my elders!! Sir!! :):):):)
Post a Comment