This past week has been easy-peasy.. Nothing at work that couldn't be handled.. Nothing at home that required major effort.. Some of the same old, same old.. Homework, etc.. Now that the weather is nicer, DD and the two kids across the street have been playing regularly.. Today it was kite flying and balloon animals..
I think it's taken me a bit of time to realize that I am, in fact, single.. Other than my responsibilities to DD, I have free reign.. This is something that maybe I didn't fully realize.. Until this one particular guy asked me out Monday morning.. I've known him (and had a minor crush on him) for years.. My first reaction was surprise, almost like 'didn't he know I was mar.. Oh.. I'm not.' At that point, it was as though a door opened in my mind.. A light went on.. I can date, sleep with, ignore or whatever with whomever I choose.. Hmm.. So I said yes.. But then we had to reschedule.. He was on call and, as luck would have it, got called in.. So, early next week we're going to try again.. He's not on call and I lucked out with a babysitter.. And my insecure/suspicious nature would have gotten the better of me except that we work at the same place and I knew he had to go in about the same time he knew.. :)
The end of next week, DD and I get to go back home for a bit.. I'm taking a mandatory class and DD is going to stay with my mom.. This class is two 9 hour days.. Ugh.. On the upside, I have two or three nights completely free.. Who knows what trouble I can get into?!
The weight loss is going well.. I'm not one to jump on the scales constantly.. Mostly because it's more about proper diet and exercise, less about the number.. But, after my seemingly miraculous weight loss a couple of weeks ago and then the 'gain' last week, I bought a set of scales and began my own tracking of weight loss.. Get this.. My weight fluctuates 4-5 pounds depending on the time of day.. Who freaking knew this was possible? I weigh in the morning then, if I can weigh at lunch, it's a couple of pounds up.. By 5-6pm (which is when the WW meeting is held), I'm up 4-5 pounds!! I knew there were fluctuations, but damn! So, no more morning WW meetings for me!! Well, not unless I'm a couple of pounds from goal.. Then, well maybe..... :)~
Oh, and the toy du jour is a Droid.. Am loving i!! One exception.. The battery has to be recharged regularly.. Like twice daily.. But, I have chargers at work, a converter in the car and charging station at home.. Plus one in my computer bag.. I am never far from a power source! Hope everyone is well and has a great week next week!! :):)
No comments:
Post a Comment