Traveled and went to class last week..
Long days..
Ended up telling the Agnostic that I didn't want him around anymore.. I believe the exact phrase was 'get the hell out, it's best for us both'...
Finished class and am now studying state statutes.. Ugh.. Like reading about paint drying.. But, if I can get this studying done and sit for the state license, all should be good..
Saturday went to two birthday parties..
The first was for my best friend's grandchild.. Well, officially it's her grandchild.. Basically, she and her husband are raising the child who calls her gmommy and him, papa.. Her daughter is completely gone from the child's life... She is an addict and it's a bad situation.. So much so, I rarely ask about her anymore.. I think it hurts my friend too much.. DD loves this child.. The kid's name is very, very close to DD's.. So much so that people, when the two are together, end up calling both by both names!! DD had a ball and I got to spend a couple of hours sitting by the river watching the water flow by and talking with friends..
That night, went to an ex-boyfriend's (who wants to be more) party.. Because I didn't want to go alone, I talked my brother into going with me.. He did so begrudgingly.. Arrived and went to wish ex a happy birthday.. He saw me walking up and came out to meet us.. Then proceeded to hug me like he was going to break me.. I intro'd brother and they talked a few minutes.. Then ex grabs me by the hand and drags me to see his brothers (whom I haven't in YEARS) and to meet his sister (who I had never met).. Then took me around to meet the rest of his family.. He had cousins and aunts and uncles.. And he's busy introducing.. Oh, yeah.. His wife was there..
So, when he got distracted, I made a beeline inside.. Realized it was an open bar (yay, me!) so I knew I had to eat something.. Didn't really see anything that looked close to healthy and settled on a piece of sausage.. From then on, diet coke and scotch.. :):)
Tried to do a little talking with this one guy (who, I had been informed, was divorced) who was very nice looking.. Only to be interrupted two minutes into that conversation by ex dragging me off because he was going to open his presents..
Thus went the night.. A special blessing to the guy who supplied the liquor..
Ended up being the one to drive home as brother had a great time and then drank too much.. A REALLY good time from what I heard later.. I noticed he disappeared for a little while.. Apparently so did this girl.. Both at the same time.. Hmm.. Wonder what they were up to? Sheesh.. My brother is a cad.. But, I love him..
Anyway, made it back here yesterday in record time (with a kid, anyway).. 11hr, 5min.. And now the week has begun..
As for the agnostic, he keeps texting.. Called last night but I let it go to voicemail.. He called tonight and I answered by accident (careful deleting a contact who's phone number you don't recognize because it's always said his name). In order to not let DD know that he had been more than just a friend, I couldn't say what I wanted to say.. And he was being very casual, like nothing had happened.. This is going to be harder to end than I thought..
Oh and the funniest thought I had all Saturday night was "damn, ex's brothers got old!"
Yeah, like we all aren't 20 years older!!
No comments:
Post a Comment