Email on Friday morning with statements of 'tears in my eyes'... Told him I was sorry that he was hurt, but there is no alternative..
Texts on Saturday about missing talking.. I was reserved in my responses.. Told him I thought that would be a bad idea..
Texts this morning that, I'm ashamed to say, pissed me off.. Wanted to still be friends.. I asked what would we do? Have a friendly chat, discussing who I'm seeing? Then said, no, we can't be just friends.. This was followed by a phone call with tears and pleas of not losing touch.. I let my heart lead and caved on the not losing touch thing but stood firm on the being broken up..
And I just got a different kind of phone call and now have a date Thursday night.. Got to move on.. The 'first official date after the divorce' cherry has been popped (oh-so-badly) so I'm not as keyed up as I was then.. And while I'm not overly enthusiastic about going out, this guy seems to be more along the lines of the type of guy I would want to date..
So, stand up straight, chest out, big smile and go.. :)
2 comments:
baby steps
as long as there is one more forward than there are back...
you're movin' on.
hang in there.
k bare - Thanks.. :)
Post a Comment