This has been my life for the past couple of weeks..
Ended something that had been, in one form or the other, going on for almost three years.. Didn't want to, but it was necessary.. Sanity demanded.. For a while, I didn't think it was going to end, but I haven't had a text in three days.. Maybe he understands.. Maybe he's given up.. Maybe he no longer cares.. But I can't concern myself with him or his life.. Gotta run mine..
Blew a tire and cracked a rim.. Again.. And on a hole that wasn't two inches deep at less than 40mph.. I hate low profile tires.. This one set up cost me $400 and that was with a reconditioned rim.. Had I bought new, add another $300.. This is the third time this has happened.. The first two rims were new.. If this is going to happen every six months, gotta go with reconditioned..
Got a tempting offer regarding a position.. It's not where I want it to be, but it is what I wanted it to be.. The president of the group is my champion and wants me to have the position, but it has to go before the board.. So, who knows.. I won't get twisted if I don't get it.. But I could use the 72% raise.. :)
Pulled up my big girl panties and went out with a perfectly nice guy.. Only to discover he was still reeling from his divorce.. Also, he was nice.. Too nice.. Hadn't planned anything past dinner.. Thank goodness.. Talked for a while and I stifled many a yawn.. He's a good guy, he's a nice guy, he's not my guy.. :)
We've had two major storms in this past week.. Both between 11pm and 3am.. If the new position works out, the next place I live up here will have a basement.. Tired of hanging out with DD in the utility room listening to the walls creak..
Oh, if this new position works out, it will necessitate a move.. And after yesterday, I think it'll be a good thing.. DD has indicated that she wants a new house with stairs (kids!).. Also, we passed the ex on the road yesterday.. She didn't see him until just after he passed us.. But she thought it was him.. I pretended that it couldn't have been because that truck had a toolbox and his didn't.. She looked right at me and said people change those things you know.. But, the seed of doubt was planted and she only was quiet for a few minutes.. Those quiet moments are brought about by seeing something that reminds her of him, good or bad memories.. Seeing him by accident will not be an issue if I get that position.. And my baby won't have as many of those quiet moments, even if he is a total bastard who has never called or seen her since 09/09...
2 comments:
i just don't understand how a person can do that
not call nothing
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
but i am also glad he isn't ??sorta??
ugh
am crossing everything but my legs for you concerning the new position.
three days...........eh. i hope it means what you want it to.
k bare - Regarding ex, he's all but out of the picture.. The only thing left is in DD's mind.. Regarding the Agnostic, I hope it means he understands now.. Thanks for the positive thoughts about the new position! Will take all of those I can get!! :):)
Post a Comment