May 10, 2011

So Much, Where to Start....

The last week has been pretty busy.. It seems like the more I do, the less I get done! :)
First, still waiting on info about the position for which I was approached. It'll be another week, at least.. At least I'm patient.. :):)
Second, the Agnostic has been pretty quiet.. One phone call and a few emails.. And it doesn't hurt me too much anymore.. This is a good thing..
Third, new boring guy is ex-boring guy.. He was confused and confusing.. In the end, he didn't want me to date anyone else, but didn't want to say that we were dating.. I called him on that, he got pissy, I (for the first time in my life) said exactly what I was thinking to some guy I was (or was not) seeing.. In the end, I told him that he needed to figure out what he wanted. And when he did, find someone who actually gave a damn because it wasn't me.. And we weren't even sleeping together!!! Sheesh.. I think I have a much less lower BS threshold than I used to.. :)
Fourth, DD and growing up.. She has the end of school scatters.. Seems like keeping her focused on anything for more than two minutes is a challenge.. Oh, well.. More importantly, she is on the very verge of beginning puberty.. ((Shoot me now!)) But, we had the 'talk' and she wasn't severely freaked out.. Minor league grossed out about the whole period thing. But that is to be expected.. And they make 'Tween pads now!! WooHoo! Bless her heart, she will not have to be straddling that 2"x4" we had to use!!
Fifth, made a couple of new friends.. Nothing to write home about.. But, they're both seemingly nice.. We'll see..
Sixth, still studying for my CAM license.. Have tons of stuff to do (fingerprints, etc.) before I can even take the test.. This week will be devoted to getting it all together..
Seventh, Oh-so-hating work right now.. Hate the indecision.. Hate the last minute changes.. Hate that the only one with input is as mad as a hatter.. Wants a million people in a shoebox.. Oh, and no matter what I do, no matter how much I beg the 'furniture groups' for ideas on what lines they would like to showcase, I get no response.. So, I sent a note saying that the final date for input was such-n-such as the order would be submitted that day. Of course I lied about the drop dead date.. You know someone is going to call at 4pm to give their opinion..
Eighth, WW and exercise is going well.. Although the loss has slowed (as it will), I've lost a little over 46 pounds in 16 weeks.. Not so bad.. Can just barely see maintenance looming on the horizon.. And that's nice.. :)
Ninth, mom is doing fine.. Had shoulder surgery but it wasn't as drastic as the last time.. The tendon didn't tear completely in two like the other one. That one had to be tacked back into the bone so it was a long recovery process.. This one was 60% in two.. So, it was just sewn back together.. She is driving already..
Tenth, we've got more water than you can imagine.. It's so wet that it smells funny outside.. Like an old, damp house with no HVAC.. Moldy.. Anyway, it has me just on the verge of sneezing all the time.. We're not flooding here, on my street.. But it's not that far away.. I know the farmers and people with water in their houses/businesses REALLY hope it goes away very soon..
Life in a nutshell..
Hope everyone is doing well!! :):)

4 comments:

GoodWill said...

"It seems like the more I do, the less I get done! "

Oh wow do I know that feeling! Good luck with everything!

Just me... said...

GoodWill - Thanks, darling!! :):)

k bare said...

so glad you filled us in...i'd been wondering!!

Just me... said...

k bare - I have truly been busy this last week! I just want to go home one night and do nothing.. But that won't be tonight.. DD's dance class plus homework.. :-/
At least all the laundry is done!! Thanks!! :):)