Jun 14, 2011

Boom....

Well, I have one more thing for which to thank the Agnostic..
I'm not sure what initiated it, but I got a phone call.. From the nice guy.. He wanted to know how I knew Ag.. Trying my best to play dumb, I started explaining what Ag did and how it related to an aspect of what I do.. He cut me off about midway into my little verbal dance and said, 'did you date him?' I responded that when I first met him, he and I were both separated, or so I thought.. And that yes, we went out a bit.. But, nothing came of it and we've remained friends..
To which he replied, 'you know he's never going to get a divorce, don't you?' I told him that it didn't matter one way or the other, I wasn't interested in pursuing a relationship with Ag, that I'd prefer to be involved with someone I can trust and respect..
Then, I had to do it.. I asked him, 'does this affect our friendship?'
Initially his response was very noncommittal.. Then he said that he didn't know.. I told him no one could make that decision for him.. Just to let me know to what conclusion he came.. From our conversation I have no clue what was said, he didn't say at all and I refuse to call Ag to ask.. If it blows to Kingdom Come.. Well, such is life..
On a positive note, still holding my own with WW.. Haven't lost, but haven't gained.. I'm feeling pretty good about that considering today is Day 13 of not smoking.. I refuse to be one of these people who gain tons of weight blaming it on stopping smoking.. Granted, smoking does give you something to go besides snack.. However, there are other things to do besides smoke or snack.. Right now, REACT gum is my friend.. :):)

5 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Just stopping in to see how you are doing....and wow 13 days I am so impressed!

My WW has slowed down a lot in the past 2 weeks but that could be because I am runnign which makes me even more hungry!

Just me... said...

HB&GP - Today I got up, got me and DD ready and got us to our appointed places (mostly on time!) for the 14th time without having that morning smoke.. And every day, in certain situations, I still think about it.. But, it does get easier every day.. Tell D'Man it only truly sucks for a few days.. After that, it's manageable!! :):)

Pluff said...

13 days!! Awesome! You can do it!

Pluff said...

Hell I cant count. 16 days by now!

Just me... said...

Pluff - Up to 19 days now.. Some good, some suck swamp water.. But hanging on... Thanks!! :*)