There are days when life feels as though it's molasses.. One day slowly oozes into the next, never changing only flowing...
But lately, there have been signs of life.. Some I don't understand, some I do.. Finally they call to schedule an interview for the one position.. Tomorrow afternoon.. They say bring references.. Well, I'll conveniently forget them.. Mostly because I have people say 'write something up and I'll sign it' and I hate that.. I also got a little 'heads-up' info on the interview. So, I'll nail that and see where it goes.. Not entirely certain I want it.. Being here without any familial backup whatsoever is getting harder and harder..
The Agnostic still blows in and out.. This is one of the things I don't understand. I say it can't go on the way it was.. Okay, fine. He blows hot and cold but seems to understand.. Except about every 3-4 days, he loses touch with reality and emails or calls.. It's difficult.. But, it'll stop eventually..
The one guy I went out with for a bit got boring so I skipped answering a couple of phone calls.. Then, he invited himself over via voicemail.. Fine, I made dinner and we talked a bit.. The next day he calls to tell me he's sick.. Oh, shit. I've poisoned him.. But no, apparently he's afflicted with some kind of intestinal issue and it's flared up.. Which is good for me as in I didn't poison him and he's not at my doorstep several times a week but bad for him because he's sick.. I know there's nothing in this town to really do for a date.. But, good grief.. Use some imagination.. Or let's go somewhere else.. Stop wanting to go to the same restaurant or wanting to sit on my couch and talk nonsense.. So, I am plenty happy to see this fade away..
And just when I think I'm going to be out in the cold with regards to male companionship, I got an email.. From someone I met about 3.5 months ago.. Totally casual meeting.. Co-worker of someone.. Since I really didn't want anyone to think the breakfast was a social event but a work one, I gave him my business card with the standard comment to let me know if he needed any property managed and then flashed my most charming smile.. He emailed to ask if I had any luck on the employment front.. I replied that I had not but any insight he might have would be greatly appreciated.. Well, he called.. Initially, he asked if I truly had plans on moving back (home) and was I actively looking for a position there.. I answered that those were my plans, halfway hoping he knew something/someone/etc.. But, he didn't go there.. He started talking about how hard it was to live away from family.. From there it launched into a full blown getting-to-know-you conversation.. We talked for about an hour.. It was really rather nice.. He and I are from the same area (within 100 miles), are both divorced with kids (although his are college age where mine is not yet 10) and are almost the same age (he's a little younger but until he asks, he can think what he likes).. He's currently living in the northwest region of the Southeast.. Essentially, not that far away from me.. Had dinner with him recently and he wants to go out again before I head south to vacation.. Might be a nice thing.. Might blow up in my face if he ever finds out that the 'meeting' he walked up on was solely social and not at all work related..
Made a tactical error this past four days with regards to someone (Op).. Became too close and now, I'm just glad he has his kids next week.. Gotta break the cycle.. Especially since I think he's a flake but a damn sweet one.. The sweetness, one could get used to.. The flakiness, I don't think so.. Now, to get back my flash drive and delete my network key from him computer.. Sheesh..
Work is schizophrenic lately.. Got a huge project approved.. Just to have it put on hold and expanded drastically at the same time!! Not sure where it's going. Merely sitting on the sideline now and watching major players play each other.. Not sure how it's going to turn out so I'm not hitching my wagon just yet.. The best solution is the bug I put in an ear that was already eager for it.. However, it's in direct opposition to another 'higher ups' wishes.. Will let them fight it out and do whatever is decided in this powerplay.. It could be a long summer or it could resolve itself within days.. Just going to sit tight, waiting and seeing..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Holding my own with dieting, still not smoking (day 11), came down with strep throat on Wednesday night (hence the beginning of the stranges times with Op) and have been on Augmentin (with all the stomach issues thereof) but am getting much better.. Oh, and visited a plastic surgeon who says even though I still want to lose 40ish more pounds, we can do stomach, breasts and arms all at once now and for only the tidy sum of $18K.. I thought it would be more.. Thinking about this 'real hard' now..
~~~~~~~~Update~~~~~~~~~~
Test said it was just generic tonsilitis, not strep.. Glad of that because I didn't want DD to get it.. Dr said it probably was just related to the stopped up ears.. Either way, the Augmentin will do the trick..
4 comments:
Hey justme...long time since I've been around.
I am glad to see things seem to be coming around with you. Good luck with the dating scene...you certainly have a lot of irons in the fire. Good for you girl!!
MTB Laura - Great to hear from you! Life's not too bad.. Sometimes fun, sometimes weird, sometimes boring.. But that's jsut life, right? Don't be a stranger! :):)
Northwest part of the southeast? I guess I never thought of it that way...but it does explain an awful lot now! ;-)
Os - Ha Ha Ha.. :):):)~~
Post a Comment