Jun 6, 2011

Day 5

Day 5 of not smoking is also WW day.. Based on the pattern of the last few months, this is the weigh-in where I either don't lose weight or gain a couple of pounds.. Add to that the stopping smoking thing and I was scared snotless to get on the scale.. I'll be honest, I had two days last week that were badbadbad with regards to diet and exercise.. Like there was none of either.. No exercise and that which was consumed could hardly be considered a part of any diet.. :-/
So, when I saw I was up less than 2 pounds, I was a happy girl!! If they had told me I was up 5-10 pounds, I would not have been surprised... :):)
So, the not smoking thing isn't too bad.. Did have to give up the Chantix.. The side effect was too drastic.. And I forgot to take it most of the weekend and did just fine.. So, the doctor said since I had been on it less than two weeks, just stopping would be okay.. Here's to hoping the side effect abates soon...
DD is already bored and she's had two days of summer.. She hates going to a sitter (at almost 10, she thinks she should be able to stay by herself).. She wants to do anything except for going to the sitter.. Trying to make deals to stay home like you wouldn't believe! Every night.. All the time... I swear, I expect her to offer up a vital organ next!! :):)
I love my child more than my life but I cannot wait until she goes to mom's for the summer!! :):)

2 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Woo Hoo on the smoking...so proud of you!

Now I wish I could talk hubby in to it too :)

Just me... said...

HB&GP - It's a tough thing and I still haven't whipped it.. But it's been 11 days and counting.. Thanks!! :):)