Well, it's been about 16 hours since I became a non-smoker. Or would that be a reformed smoker? People are so touchy about the use of labels.
Either way, since midnight last night, I haven't smoked. And it's not so bad.
However today (after it was noticed that I wasn't smoking at lunch and was asked why not), it got out that I had quit...
Since then, I've been inundated with enough horror stories on everything from 'you're now going to get sick because your body won't know what to do since you're not smoking' to 'your going to gain all your weight back' to 'the first week is easy...wait until the second week, that's when you'll start smoking again!'
What is it with people? Can't they just say 'Heard you quit smoking. Congrats and good luck!'???? Apparently, like when I started losing weight (got lots of negative comments then too), quitting smoking offends some people.
There are, based on today's commentators, two separate groups I'm dealing with. The first are the smokers with guilt. It's as though you have betrayed them. Like me quitting smoking is going to affect them in any way. The second are the non-smokers who are a little self-righteous about themselves (mostly in all ways). That's from where the weight gain and you'll go back to smoking comments came.
You know, if people put as much work into helping others and contributing to the good of society as they do in finding fault in others based on their own internal insecurities, we'd have no problems at all...
2 comments:
Bah! No one likes a quitter! :p
Just kidding! Doin good. Take it one min, hour, day at a time.
And, sometimes it helps to put something else in your mouth instead. I happen to have something else right here.... ;-]
Pluff - Careful what you offer! And thanks! :):)
Post a Comment