This week I am vacationing.. If you can call it that.. I'm spending way too much time with my family.. Don't get me wrong. I love my family.. I have to as it is someones responsibility and I told Daddy I'd take care of Mama.. However, no one mentioned that this simple task would drive me crazy...
Three days and I'm hiding out at Starbucks.. I had work to do, but, honestly, what I did I could have done in a barn.. Needed no wifi.. Didn't have to send anything anywhere.. I just wanted to escape.. And take DD with me.. She asked me why they (mother and brother) acted the way they did.. I told her that they were both the babies in their families and couldn't help it.. But they could, if they wanted to.. Both are completely self-centered.. Both have zero concept that anything they do affects anyone else..
Point in case.. Somehow, the satellite receiver went pfft.. Unplug it, plug it back in and it's okay, right? Oh, no.. It HAD to be someones fault, finger pointed at DD.. Who wasn't even in the room when it happened!! But, she had to have 'done' something to cause this. Well, I got a little ticked and was going to go trip the breaker because the tv/etc is soo wired stupidly, you can't get to the outlet.. I get screamed at to not do that as it will 'tear it up'.. Okay.. Fine.. Call the satellite people.. 30 minutes later, they tell her to unplug, wait, replug.. So, then, I trip the breaker.. In the middle of all this, I've sent DD away to another part of the house.. Mother follows her (fuck cordless phones!) and sees her pick up the remote for another tv with satellite.. She screams at DD and snatches the remote out of her hand.. I only hear the very last of it, but call for DD to come to me. Mother, realizing I heard her, said that until the other one is 'fixed' she didn't want 'that one messed up too'... DD and I go out onto the lanai to discuss.. Hence the 'babies of the family' topic..
Later, mother apologized.. But, by then, the damage was done.. DD accepted it verbally.. But she has yet to forgive.. I told her she had to for her sake, not grandma's.. But, my DD's memory is long..
Then there is the "I'll turn your phone off" drama from brother to DD.. He won't do that to me because I'll explain that while it's run through his company, it's the partnership money floating it, so shut up about that..
So, these are but two of the mini-dramas we deal with when home on 'vacation'..
Anyone wanna trade families?
Or adopt us? :):):)
2 comments:
You were hoping for the family activity of emotional blackmail on this trip, weren't you? Or should I call it the lesson of? What a pain in the ass! Poor DD (and you) - but mainly her because she is too young to truly understand and blow it off. You're doing a good job trying to shield her and trying to get her to understand.
Meanwhile, you need a 2x4, I think. :)
Emmy - Thanks!! :*)
Post a Comment