Jul 17, 2011

Where does time go?

I cannot believe it's been more than two weeks since the last post.. Apparently, my time management skills are non-existent..

Took DD to mom.. Actually, had a mini-vacation/reunion in Chattanooga.. Mom and brother met DD and me there.. It's a cool place and we had a pretty good time..
On the way back, stopped and visited with a fellow blogger.. A little shopping and a little dinner.. It was nice to put an actual face with someone I've 'known' for a couple or so years!! :)

Last week was filled with work and friends.. Not having DD around is a little weird.. I'm glad I have friends to keep me company.. :)
Oh, the date.. Save me from idiots.. Okay, he wasn't an idiot.. But, he was very articulate on the phone.. Emails were great.. In person.. Well, perhaps he was nervous.. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt as I understand being nervous.. But why so very nervous with someone you kinda know? I mean, we've talked back and forth for two months.. Met in person initially, photos swapped in the meantime.. He should have not been that nervous.. Then I realized, he wasn't referring to me by name.. So, I asked why? OMG! You'd think I'd asked him to commit suicide.. He looked as thought he wanted to crawl under the table! Ultimately, he had an email addy that didn't use my name and he had lost my business card..
AND HAD FUCKING FORGOTTEN MY NAME!!
Okay, huge slam to ego.. He looked like he was about to cry.. I was pissed.. Not so much that he forgot.. More because he didn't have the balls to ask or the creativity to figure it out.. I swear, I would have pulled out my drivers license and started a comparison just so I could have seen his.. Lame, yes.. But better than waiting 4 hours to mention you didn't know your dates name!!! One and done.. :)

For her birthday, my brother gave DD a cell phone.. ((What was he thinking?)) She got it last Thursday night.. Since then, a million texts and as many phone calls.. It's slowed down today.. Thank goodness.. She's in heaven... :):)

It has been 46 days today since I quit smoking.. There are good days and there are bad weeks.. :):) However, I'm toughing it out.. Diet/exercise have gone down in flames.. Am starting back Monday morning.. Also, I have got to get the CAM license thing done.. You know, I seriously feel lost.. Like I'm not sure what to do.. And without the focus to find out what I should do.. I did not know this would kick my ass like this..

Spending the rest of Sunday afternoon watching the next Harry Potter movie.. FYI - just discovered that I had missed one.. Oh, well.. That's why we have DVD's!! :)

2 comments:

Osbasso said...

I haven't gone on a real date in forever, but I can't imagine not remembering the date's name! Unless I'd met her while drunk and it was the next morning...

Just me... said...

Os - Nope, knew him about 2 months before we went out.. Maybe I ought to change my emails to scream my name? Hmmm.. Thanks! :*)