Feb 28, 2012

And the end has arrived....

First, I knew I needed to end this.. But honestly, just wasn't up for the scene.. I knew it wouldn't be pretty.. Feeling this way, I started distancing myself. At the time, I really didn't think about doing it but in hindsight.. Well, I saw that I was.. This is how the inevitable occurred. He felt it, got defensive, didn't even cross his mind to think that my distance was because I wanted out.. He attributed it to an earlier lie he'd been caught in.. That I didn't trust him and he felt like he was walking on eggshells.. I told him if he was, it was because he'd thrown them on the floor in the first place..

This started the final discussion.. And as bad as I hate to admit it.. I was rather glad he started it.. Never was sure why, but we would connect and disconnect at regular intervals.. Sometimes it was like talking with someone you had known all of your life.. Other times, it was like we could barely think of something to say to this stranger.. Just one more sign that it wasn't right..
Anyway, a little yaya back and forth.. Neither of us had to be the meanie. He wanted to think he was the victim and the meanie.. And I just didn't have the concern to argue with him.. Whatever..

Having spent the last few days mulling over why in the world I didn't just walk when I should have... There are two answers... The first is that you always want to give something like this a fair shake.. Or I do.. And I gave him the benefit of the doubt on something of which I really couldn't let go.. Second, he and DD truly hit if off.. They were excellent together.. She even announced that, if I wanted, I could marry him and she'd let him be her dad.. I told her then that we were just dating and that I didn't know if he was worthy of being her dad.. She accepted this at the time and really hasn't mentioned him much lately.. Just as well, he can be like some of the reps she's met.. They make over her to try and get in my good graces just in case I need to buy their product..

So, the end has arrived and, while sad that there had to be an end, it was inevitable..

Onwards and upwards!!!

No comments: