A while back I received an email about a group trying to start a DNA database for children from China.. Now, having followed the blog of a little girl with aplastic anemia who was adopted from China, this interested me.. Sadly, the links I had for that site have all gone dead.. A search of the internet shows nothing organized.. Not specifically for China anyway..
So, my mind started churning.. I wonder if there would be a way to start a project, using existing DNA databases, that could provide DNA testing for all the adopted kids in one province or orphanage?
I have a Yahoo group for the kids adopted from the orphanage DD was in.. Thinking of using the people below for the testing and database maintenance. Promote it on my group's page.. Not the best time to ask people to spend their few disposable dollars on something they might not ever need.. But then again.. What if your child had a sibling or cousin in the US? Wouldn't this be as close to being able to give them a birth family as they are ever going to get?
Just an idea...
If anyone knows anything about this group, let me know..
http://www.myheritage.com/all-dna-tests
No comments:
Post a Comment