Mar 7, 2012

Trust your instincts...

As I look back over the last year of my life I realize that everything, every single thing, that caused me grief happened because I didn’t listen to my instincts..

  • Last summer, I was primed to move home. However, I let others convince me that I should stay a bit because ‘everything’ (economy) will be better in a year. Um, yeah.. How’s that working out for everyone?
  • Every ‘boyfriend’ that disappointed me.. Assorted lies and games.. The next time I get that ‘ummm’ feeling about a guy, RUN! Had I listened, I would have saved myself sooo much grief.. Last year and this one, too.. Doubted this last one, even though he seemed good with my kid.. In the end, the doubts were confirmed and he proved himself to be unworthy..
  • People who say one thing and it turned out to be the other.. Had a friend look into my eyes, completely agree with me about something sort of important and not 8 weeks later doing exactly what they said they would never do.. When it was being said, inside I felt that it would turn out to be a lie… Squashed that feeling and, well, in the end I should have listened..
  • Surgery…. What can I say? I had doubts and wrote them off as nerves.. Now, Friday, I go back for the ‘smoothing’ of the ends of some incisions.. In April, work on scars and puffiness.. Wish me luck..

Okay, I’ve complained enough.. Life is getting better actually.. Simplifying many things.. Living a healthy life.. Getting plenty of exercise.. Cooking at home more so we are definitely eating better.. DD is flourishing.. I’m looking forward to an easier future.. Not because there won’t be disappointments, but because I know that I’ll be avoiding many more..

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Good luck with the Surgery! Sucks that you have to go back in. :-(

-Laurie

Just me... said...

This first was outpatient so it wasn't too bad.. Just something I have to do.. There is no choice so I just have to suck it up and do it.. :):):)