Yay, me!!
I am very happy that it's no longer a part of my life.. And those times when you just want a ciggy are almost non-existent now.. Do I feel better? I really can't say.. You see, I guess I never smoked enough to feel bad.. My highest was a pack a day.. I can say that removing the daily cost of smoking has added a few coins in my pocket.. This is a good thing..
Luckily I've avoided the attitude (rabidity?) of some former smokers.. I have friends who smoke and while I'd like to see them stop, I'm not going to sniff the air and run away complaining mightily that 'I smell cigarettes' because someone is smoking 20 feet away.. If you smoked and don't any longer, congratulations! However, complaining like that is a little ridiculous.. The smoke didn't make you crazy while you were smoking up a storm, why does it now?
This PSA was brought to you by someone who, when they found out I didn't smoke anymore, thought they'd found an ally to ban all smoking anywhere..
Sorry, sister.. I still believe people have the freedom to choose what they do with their bodies.. If I don't want to smell ciggy smoke, I'll leave.. But I refuse to become so high-handed as to think I should be the one who decides the 'moral compass' for everyone else.. :):):)
2 comments:
Congratulations!!
Hub - Thanks!! :):)
Post a Comment